Kathryn Emanski, RN COHN/CM
President, Susquehanna Valley Chapter PAAOHN
- Constitute the local professional association of registered nurses engaged in the practice of occupational and environmental health nursing.
- Promote and or provide continuing education in occupational and environmental health nursing.
- Maintain the integrity and character of the nursing profession.
- Promote scope of practice and standards for occupational and environmental health nurses.
- Provide a forum for networking and discussion of issues in the field of occupational and environmental health nursing.
- Participate in the process of monitoring and influencing legislation and regulations.
- Promote occupational and environmental health nursing through local communication activities.
- Provide opportunities to develop association leadership skills.
- Do within the limits of the law all things necessary, proper, incidental, suitable, useful and conducive to complete accomplishment of the foregoing purposes.
Established in 1992, SVAPOHN is a nonprofit organization comprised
of occupational Health Nurses from the Northeastern Counties of Pennsylvania.
These counties include: Sullivan, Bradford, Susquehanna, Wyoming, Lackawanna,
Wayne, Luzerne, Pike, MonroeUnion, Snyder, Lycoming, Northumberland or
Clinton, and parts of Carbon Counties.Along with serving our immediate employee
populations, the organization has partnered with the Occupational Health and
Safety Alliance (OSHA) to form an educational alliance for our local region.
We offer regularly scheduled meetings with an educational overtone on topics
that affect our present work environments, and are approved for education Credits
through American Association of Occupational Health Nurses (AAOHN).